why poptarts

Mark and I arrived on Okinawa late Tuesday night (Tuesday morning on the East Coast) after traveling for about 24 hours. So far we've taken the Naha monorail from the airport into Naha city, rented a car and driven to Nago where we're staying at a Marriott for a few weeks. It's been a whirlwind and I'm not sure if I'm tired or hungry or both. But we're both doing well and we're excited to be here.

My plan is to have this blog be mostly photos of our life on Okinawa but I first wanted to explain the name of the blog. At some point on our way here Mark asked me if I had our passports and I replied, "yes, they're in my backpack. I have all the important things- passports and poptarts." To those of you that don't know, Mark LOVES Nature's Path organic Toaster Pastries (we call them poptarts even though they're not technically "Poptarts"). Every time I go to Target I buy him a box or two. They are his guilty pleasure. I made sure to bring as many as I could with us since I'm assuming we won't be able to find the Nature's Path brand here (but I can order them on Amazon!). My backpack is basically full of poptarts.

Here are some photos of our journey so far.
13.5 hour flight from Chicago to Tokyo

Naha Monorail

Driving on the left, but sitting on the right. For some reason the windshield wipers come on when you try to use the blinker.

View of the East China Sea

Our home for the next couple of weeks

View from the balcony

I could get used to this.
Ps. Once I have a mailing address, please send [Nature's Path] poptarts ;)

Comments

Popular Posts